Learn how to tell a complete story that works for feature films, television, and ads. This class will focus on the idea of story and how to create a successful one. Students will be creating stories constantly which they can use to springboard into their own personal projects. This class is for students who love to tell stories and want to communicate their ideas effectively through the medium of storyboards.
1. Analyzing film and understanding it
2. Learning how to read, analyze, and write a script
3. Be able to break story formulas down in story "beats"
4. Be able to tell a story through pitching of storyboards
5. Learn basic storyboarding skills
6. Learn how to edit and composite animatics
Students should be able to develop solid story ideas and be able to pitch them in a professional manner. They will then learn how to read, analyze, and write their own script. They will learn how to tell a story from beginning to end using the typical Hollywood storytelling method. Furthermore, they will be able to create stories on the spot through improvisational exercises. Students are expected to finish a Final Storyboard Sequence by the end of the class that they will pitch.
Samantha Suyi Lee is a Story Artist presently working at One Animation. She was a big part of the story ideation and developmental process for the studio's hit series "Oddbods", which is currently airing on Disney, Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and many other channels all over the world. She graduated with a BFA in Digital Animation, and her Final Year group project "Cloudy Conundrum" has won multiple short film animation awards.
Davis Vu graduated from California Institute of Arts with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Film/Video. Currently Davis teaches at Nanyang Technological University where he teaches storyboarding, drawn animation, applied drawing and foundation drawings. Davis's production portfolio includes "Yogi Bear", "G-Force", aka "Gatchaman". "Spongebob Squigglypants" and much more.
CG Protege Animation School
2 Veerasamy Road #01
30 HOURS / 5 WEEKS
New Batch : TBC
IMDA Talent Assistance Grant submission deadline : TBC
|Before Subsidy||After Six Degrees Subsidy 90%|
|Course Fee||S$ 2,000||S$ 200|
Wed & Fri
|7.30pm to 10.30pm|
*Students are required to bring their own Wacom Tablet
IMDA TALENT ASSISTANCE GRANT SCHEME
Talent Assistance Scheme provides course fee subsidies for eligible Singaporeans or Singapore Permanent Residents, making it more affordable for Media Practitioners to upgrade themselves. The Scheme provides funding for attending of IMDA pre-approved non-WSQ media courses, workshops and master classes. Each trainee is only applicable for $15,000 of IMDA funding per calendar year.
Talent Assistance Grant Scheme is open to Singaporeans or Singapore Permanent Residents who are:
- Media employees of Singapore-registerd Media Companies; or
- Full-time media freelancers (defined as freelancers who have worked in the same or related media specialisation over the past 12 months or have completed at least 6 accumulative months of freelance project(s) within the past 12 months. Applicants who hold another employment while freelancing cannot be considered as full-time freelancers); or
- Fresh media graduates (applicants must provide proof that he/she has officially graduated ie, graduation certificate as endorsed by the school) as detailed below:
i) Completed academic studies within the last twelve (12) months with an Institute of Higher Learning (IHL) or obtained at least a diploma* from a local Private Education Institute (PEI) registered with the Council of Private Education CPE (1) that is either EduTrust Certified by CPE (2) or a SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) accredited Continuing Education and Training (CET) centre (3); or
ii) Completed NS within last twelve (12) months and completed academic studies with an IHL or obtained at least a diploma* from a local PEI registered with the CPE that is either EduTrust Certified by CPE or a SSG accrediated CET centre.
(1) Please refer to this LINK for the list of local PEIs registered with CPE
(2) Please refer to this LINK for the list of local PEIs that are EduTrust Certified by CPE
(3) Please refer to this LINK for the list of SSG accrediated CET centres
Interested applicants, please apply for the Talent Assistance Grant with Six Degrees 21 days (incld. public holidays and weekends) before the commencement of the course. Applications are subjected to Six Degrees / IMDA’s approval. Late applications (after the dateline set by CG Protege) will not be processed.