Students will learn how to compose a shot correctly and understand the significance of everything they design. This is an advance class for students who have a strong drawing foundation already. They will focus on learning about the Elements and Principles of Art that will help them communicate their thoughts to the audience through a visual language. Students will study and create their own visual language to tell a story.
1. Study of Compositions
2. Analyze films (animated and live action)
3. Study the history of art and how that comes into play of what happens in film in the next 10 years
4. See the use of symbolism in films and storyboards
5. Understanding how the Elements and Principles of Art come into play in a shot and time
6. Learn how to design and construct a shot properly to get the emotion you want from the audience
Students will analyze a lot of films and transition that knowledge into a professional storyboard sequence. Students will completely understand the importance of composition, the concept of time, and learning how to control the audience’s emotions. Students will understand the idea of conviction in storytelling and how that translates over to the storyboarding stage. This advance class is catered to create and nourish future self-sufficient directors. Students will be expected to finish a Final Storyboard Sequence and several self-directing projects.
Samantha Suyi Lee is a Story Artist presently working at One Animation. She was a big part of the story ideation and developmental process for the studio's hit series "Oddbods", which is currently airing on Disney, Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and many other channels all over the world. She graduated with a BFA in Digital Animation, and her Final Year group project "Cloudy Conundrum" has won multiple short film animation awards.
Davis Vu graduated from California Institute of Arts with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Film/Video. Currently Davis teaches at Nanyang Technological University where he teaches storyboarding, drawn animation, applied drawing and foundation drawings. Davis's production portfolio includes "Yogi Bear", "G-Force", aka "Gatchaman". "Spongebob Squigglypants" and much more.
CG Protege Animation School
2 Veerasamy Road
30 HOURS (5 Weeks)
New Batch : 24 May 2017 to 23 June 2017
IMDA Talent Assistance Grant submission deadline : 2 May 2017
|Before Subsidy||After Six Degrees Subsidy 90%|
|Course Fee||S$ 2,500||S$ 250|
Wed & Fri
|7.30pm to 10.30pm|
*Students required to bring their own Wacom Tablet
IMDA TALENT ASSISTANCE GRANT SCHEME
Talent Assistance Scheme provides course fee subsidies for eligible Singaporeans or Singapore Permanent Residents, making it more affordable for Media Practitioners to upgrade themselves. The Scheme provides funding for attending of IMDA pre-approved non-WSQ media courses, workshops and master classes. Each trainee is only applicable for $15,000 of IMDA funding per calendar year.
Talent Assistance Grant Scheme is open to Singaporeans or Singapore Permanent Residents who are:
- Media employees of Singapore-registerd Media Companies; or
- Full-time media freelancers (defined as freelancers who have worked in the same or related media specialisation over the past 12 months or have completed at least 6 accumulative months of freelance project(s) within the past 12 months. Applicants who hold another employment while freelancing cannot be considered as full-time freelancers); or
- Fresh media graduates (applicants must provide proof that he/she has officially graduated ie, graduation certificate as endorsed by the school) as detailed below:
i) Completed academic studies within the last twelve (12) months with an Institute of Higher Learning (IHL) or obtained at least a diploma* from a local Private Education Institute (PEI) registered with the Council of Private Education CPE (1) that is either EduTrust Certified by CPE (2) or a SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) accredited Continuing Education and Training (CET) centre (3); or
ii) Completed NS within last twelve (12) months and completed academic studies with an IHL or obtained at least a diploma* from a local PEI registered with the CPE that is either EduTrust Certified by CPE or a SSG accrediated CET centre.
(1) Please refer to this LINK for the list of local PEIs registered with CPE
(2) Please refer to this LINK for the list of local PEIs that are EduTrust Certified by CPE
(3) Please refer to this LINK for the list of SSG accrediated CET centres
Interested applicants, please apply for the Talent Assistance Grant with Six Degrees 21 days (incld. public holidays and weekends) before the commencement of the course. Applications are subjected to Six Degrees / IMDA’s approval. Late applications (after the dateline set by CG Protege) will not be processed.